DUBLIN, April 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Domain Names – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global domain name market will reach 557.7 million registered domain names by 2026
The global domain name market, estimated at 379.2 million registered domain names in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of 557.7 million registered domain names by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6 .7% over the analysis period. Generic TLDs, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to register a CAGR of 6.1% and reach 353.8 million registered domain names by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the country code TLD segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 7.6% for the next 7-year period.
Domain names registered in the US market are estimated at 124.9 million in 2021, while in China the figure is expected to reach 81.2 million
The domain name market in the United States is estimated at 124.9 million domain names registered in 2021. Chinathe world’s second-largest economy, is expected to reach a projected market size of 81.2 million registered domain names by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.8% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 2.3% and 5.2% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 1.8%.
A particular trend observed during the current COVID-19 crisis is the increased penchant for premium domain names. Due to COVID-19, there has been a visible and precipitous shift towards a digital economy and massive growth in the Internet user base across the globe, with some regions showing growth of up to 70% over the past few years. first three quarters compared to the same period. in 2019.
For businesses in general and premium and lifestyle brands in particular, domain names still play a crucial role in online identity and this notion has become even more evident and visible amid the current crisis. A growing number of luxury brands are turning to premium domains in an effort to define their authority and expertise in their industry and generate productive leads from search rankings.
Premium domain names are simple, clean and descriptive and correspond exactly to the operations of the brand. Due to their unique design, premium domain names represent one of the best methods to rank high in online search results, which becomes essential for businesses in the prevailing complex online search scenario.
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Overview of the influencer market
- Global Market Trajectories
- Domain industry marketers revise digital strategies to help businesses navigate the tide of COVID-19
- Global IP traffic
- DNS Shows Resilience and Weathers the COVID-19 Storm
- Premium domain names gain traction during COVID-19
- The domain name emerges as a dynamic arena to exploit the COVID-19 opportunity
- The Rise of Fake Domain Names Accelerates Progress to Prevent Scams and Fraudulent Activity
- Domain names: a prelude
- Types of domain names
- Country code TLD (ccTLD)
- Generic TLDs (gTLDs)
- A brief history of domain names
- Major Players in the Domain Name Industry
- I CAN
- Registry services
- Best registrars in April 2020 by number of domains
- internationalized domain name
- Rapid Internet Penetration Continues to Drive Growth
- Breakdown of Internet users (in %) by Region: Q1 2020
- China and India emerging as top domain markets
- Market landscape
- Recent market activity
- Global brands
- Key indicators impacting the growth of the domain name industry
- Smartphone adoption, broadband internet penetration and bandwidth expansion are the basis for growth
- Increase in smartphone penetration
- Rapid Growth of High Speed Internet
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 460 Featured)
- 1&1 IONOS Inc.
- 123 Reg, Ltd.
- Affiliates Limited
- Domain.com, LLC.
- Donuts, Inc.
- GMO Internet, Inc.
- GoDaddy, Inc.
- Key-Systems GmbH
- Melbourne IT Group
- Minds + Machines Group Limited
- Nickname Online Services, LLC.
- Namecheap, Inc.
- Neu Star, Inc.
- United Kingdom
- Shopify, Inc.
- Tucos, Inc.
- Enom, Inc.
- United Domains SA
- VeriSign, Inc.
- Web.com Group, Inc.
- Wix.com, Inc.
- Znet Technologies Pvt. ltd.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Top DNS Industry Trends
- Growing shift to cloud-based platforms
- The importance of DNSSEC
- DNS service providers are rethinking record management strategies with CDNs
- Increase granularity
- Selecting the most suitable domain name is gaining importance
- GDPR regulations to impact the domain name industry
- Increase consolidation of service models
- Cryptocurrency and cannabis: controversial trends in the fields
- Increased focus on offering higher quality domains
- Innovations in domain selling
- The domain name as a brand differentiator for technology companies
- New domain names open up uncharted vistas for branding
- Small businesses drive innovation in the domain industry
- Startups compete for new domain names for eyeball share
- 5G domain names being rolled out
- The mobile workforce provides fertile ground for the growth of the domain industry
- The mass adoption of cloud-based applications among the growing base of SMBs globally is emerging as a strong driver of growth
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6nbn9h
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets